Burlington English (BE) offers a comprehensive blended program for English language acquisition. It can be used as a core curriculum or as a digital component that complements classroom instruction. Burlington English provides student and teacher resources for all skills – reading, writing, listening, and speaking. The Burlington SpeechTrainer® prescribes unique pronunciation courses which individually address each user’s needs, depending on their native language and speech patterns. Burlington English has an extensive offering of General English courses together with a wide range of Career Extensions. Each course combines online modules which can be used anytime and anywhere, with downloadable print materials designed for face-to-face instruction. The online modules and face-to-face materials are carefully blended, providing both teachers and students with a complete language-learning solution. This results-driven program, with 24/7 online access, is engaging for students and easy for teachers to use.
Archived Training Webinars From Kentucky Skills U Trainings:
Step 1: Burlington English General Overview (1-hour webinar)
Through this video, participants will:
- Become familiar with the BE courses that are best for different class, cohort, and individual student learning needs,
- Recognize how BE meets the needs of different instructional delivery models (in-class, lab, distance learning, and blended or flipped), and
- Understand the basics of the software’s learning management elements.
Step 2: Burlington English Required Training for Program Directors or BE Coordinators (1-hour webinar)
This webinar is for those locally who decide which BE courses are right for specific class and student needs. Participants will:
- Designate who will accomplish administrative-type (i.e., entering and removing students, monitoring usage and progress, distribution of seats);
- Recognize ways to manage accounts for students, classes, and teachers, including different options for activating student accounts;
- Create group and individualized BE course selections;
- Plan and implement multiple highly-effective BE Delivery models (e.g., in-class, lab, distance, blended); and
- Match program components to WIOA goals.
For more information related to these materials, contact Joanna Botts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-783-9033.